(For more information on the following datasets, go to the lists of Economic Datasets or Demographic Datasets.)
- National Crime Victimization Survey – collects information from individuals on the frequency, characteristerics, and consequences of criminal victimization
- American Housing Survey – collects respondent’s perception of neighborhood crime and vandalism
- Survey of Income and Program Participation – in topical modules, collects respondent’s perception of neighborhood crime and children’s safety, and preventive measures taken.
- Current Population Survey (March Supplement) – if a household moved in last year, collects information on reason for move and “better neighborhood/less crime” is one of the answer choices.
- 1992 Characteristics of Business Owners – asks business owners how crime affected the profitability of business.
- American Housing Survey – collects detailed information on housing topics, such as size and quality of housing stock, and characteristics of occupants
- American Community Survey – collects information on the physical and financial characteristics of the respondent’s housing
- Decennial Surveys (1970-2000) – collects information on the physical and financial characteristics of the respondent’s housing from the “long form”
- Survey of Income and Program Participation – in topical modules, collects information on the financial characteristics of the respondent’s housing and other real estate owned
- Current Population Survey (March Supplement) – collects information on the financial characteristics of the respondent’s housing
- Survey of Business Owners – asks business owners if business was started/expanded with home equity loan and if business operated from the home
Small Business/Self Employment:
- Integrated Longitudinal Business Database (ILBD): Business database containing both employers and nonemployers (i.e., businesses with no employees). Tracks businesses as they transition from nonemployer to employer status. (1992,1994-2000)
- Survey of Business Owners/Characteristics of Business Owners (SBO/CBO): Survey of economic and demographic characteristics of business owner. Contains questions on firm history, business conditions and source of financing. Covers businesses with and without employees.
- Longitudinal Business Database (LBD) – Long time series tracking firm entry and exit starting in 1976. Contains data on firm size and age. Can be merged with other Census data.
- Kauffman Firm Survey (KFS) – Coming soon to the RDCs – the use of an internal version of the Kauffman Firm Survey that can be linked to restricted Census economic datasets. The KFS is a panel survey of 4,928 businesses founded in 2004.